To enhance collaboration across engineering disciplines and facilitate accelerated product innovation, Ansys integrates a subset of thermal analysis capabilities from Mechanical – its flagship product for performing various analyses such as structural and thermal – into Electronics Desktop. Using Mechanical – Thermal solution, electrical and electronics engineers can import electromagnetic losses, set up and analyze thermal models of their electromagnetic designs, performing all the required steps of the coupled workflow within a single environment.
- Leverage Mechanical – Solution type in Ansys Electronics Desktop to quickly build and perform accurate steady-state thermal analysis
- Building thermal models to analyze steady-state response of two use cases – die-level package design and electric motor
- Importing EM losses from certain electromagnetic design types
- Performing parametric sweeps
- Setting up 2-way coupling workflows to study the effects of nonlinear material response
- Identify any thermal concerns in designs before undertaking conjugate heat transfer analysis