Pre-LVS Electromagnetic Modeling
Ansys RaptorH is a novel, pre-LVS electromagnetic (EM) modeling software solution. The combination of the gold standard Ansys HFSS electromagnetic simulation engine together with the silicon-optimized Ansys RaptorH engine provides limitless capacity in combination with highly accurate results and fast modeling times. These core differentiating factors elevate RaptorH beyond any other EM tool currently available.
Pushes the limits on capacity
As the complexity of the circuit increases, your design may include hundreds of ports or nets. RaptorH is the only product on the market that, due to its unrivalled capacity, can calculate RLCk parasitics for highly complex circuits such as power grids, full custom blocks, spiral inductors and clock trees. RaptorH can accurately extract any arbitrary routing and layout, including planes (solid or perforated), round shapes and MiM/MoM capacitors.
Unprecedented modeling and simulation speed
With RaptorH, RLCk modeling and simulation is completed in minutes compared to other solutions which can take hours. Furthermore, its speed accelerates linearly with the number of cores.
Proven Accuracy with Choice of Engines
Ansys benchmarks the accuracy of its modeling engines against lab-measured data from hundreds of devices implemented in silicon every year. The pool of measured devices now numbers over 3,000 and covers all production technology nodes. Models are benchmarked against measurement up to 110 GHz. A large number of designs based on Ansys models are in production from multiple customers serving multiple market applications.
You have the choice to deploy either the popular, general purpose Ansys HFSS engine or the silicon-optimized Raptor engine for any silicon structures. RaptorH makes the choice transparent and equally easy to use.
Reads Encrypted Silicon Foundry Technology Formats
RaptorH is optimized for analyzing semiconductor circuits and is well-supported by all major silicon foundries. It can read technology description files that have been encrypted by foundries and can use these to set up analyses with either the HFSS or the Raptor engine.
The RaptorH electromagnetic modeling software solution:
- Allows point-and-click based net selection process
- Lets you transparently choose between the HFSS engine and the Raptor engine
- Provides easy handling of one type of port or use of existing layout pins and labels
- Allows addition and exclusion of nets through a simple-to-use interface, enabling "what-if" analysis for the evaluation of crosstalk among blocks
- Supports batch runs for routine jobs
- Does not require definition of boundary conditions and special types of ports, unlike other EM solvers
- Integrates with popular design and physical implementation platforms
- Can be instrumental in debugging discrepancies between silicon measurements and circuit simulations due to its ease of use
Output Models Support All Circuit Analysis
With RaptorH you can generate passive, causal models in the form of:
- S-parameter models suitable for AC, harmonic balance and SP analyses
- Highly compact RLCk netlist models suitable for transient, shooting and noise analyses