Rotating Machines Noise Analysis with Ansys Sound
Rotating machines are used everywhere, whether it is the engine of a car, the propeller of an airplane, a washing machine or even a hair dryer. Such machines produce noise that can be problematic for manufacturers for different reasons: User comfort, Comply with noise regulations, machine fatigue and damage.
For all the above reasons, paying particular attention to the noise of rotating machines is a major stake for industrials. This case study shows how to use Ansys Sound software to analyze rotating machines, the harmonic sound orders that they create, how to identify the origin of specific noises and how to attenuate them.
- Understanding the impact and the stakes of noise in an industrial context.
- Focusing on rotating machines and learning what are harmonic orders.
- Improving knowledge and ease in using digital signal processing tools applied to sound.
- Ability to use Ansys “Sound – Analysis and Specification” software.
- Sound and Signal processing
- Harmonics Analysis
- Noise Cancellation
- Case Study presentation