Internal Compressible Flows using Ansys Fluent
The teaching package explains the concepts associated with internal compressible flows with its applications. Starting with the equations governing internal compressible flows, it introduces the flows with friction (Fanno Flow) and heat transfer (Rayleigh Flow). Basics of quasi 1-D flows are introduced and then the analysis is carried out for the flow through Converging-Diverging nozzle using Ansys Fluent. The package also briefly explains the working of diffusers and wind tunnels. Finally, the procedure for designing a supersonic nozzle is elaborated using the method of characteristics.
- Understand internal compressible flow.
- Describe the effect of friction and heat addition on 1D flow.
- Analyze flow through variable area geometry.
- Design the nozzle shape using method of characteristics.
- Incompressible and compressible flows
- Advanced gas dynamics
- High speed aerodynamics
- Instructor guide
- Power Point Presentations (slides with notes)
- Simulation Exercises and Homework