This hands-on course is designed to give the users an overview of Ansys SeaScape platform and Totem-SC capabilities.
The topics covered are as follows:
- Overview of Ansys SeaScape platform
- Totem-SC overview, analysis capabilities and GUI
- Static Power integrity flows, setup, reviewing results and debug
- Dynamic Power integrity flow, setup, review results and debug
- Vectored Signal EM flow, setup, review results and debug
The lab component for the course includes videos that demonstrate how to use Totem-SC for reviewing results and debugging.
- Familiarity with Unix environment and working with text files and Unix directories.
- Basic understanding of hard IP design and content of collaterals like schematic netlist, dspf netlist, layout files in gds, oasis format.
- Basic knowledge of running spice simulation on hard IP designs and visualizing transient current and voltage waveforms generated from spice simulation setup.
- Basic knowledge of voltage drop in supply rails and its impact on device/design performance.
- Basic knowledge of electromigration guidelines prescribed by foundries.
This course is designed for IP design and flow automation engineers who are responsible for signing off power integrity and signal electromigration of hard IP designs.
Lectures and computer practical sessions to validate acquired knowledge. A major emphasis is placed on teaching along with workshop.