The primary goal of this introductory course is to cover the basics of using the Ansys Fluent Materials Processing (MatPro) Workspace. The Fluent Materials Processing Workspace is a means to explore manufacturing applications such as polymer extrusion, blowmolding, fiber spinning, etc. within the Fluent environment. Many of the models and concepts in this workspace are based on Ansys Polyflow.
Performing simulations with MatPro requires you to first create and mesh the geometry of the fluid region. Ansys SpaceClaim or Ansys Discovery are used to create geometries and Ansys Meshing is used to create meshes for MatPro simulations.
- A technical education and background in fluid mechanics is recommended but not mandatory.
- MatPro experience is not required.
- Experience with geometry creation and meshing tools is strongly advised.
- Completion of Introduction to Ansys Meshing (CFD) is recommended.
- Completion of one of the following three courses is also recommended:
- R&D engineers interested in designing and troubleshooting profile, film and sheet dies of different types and configurations, including coextrusion.
- R&D engineers who are interested in design and optimize processes such as thermoforming, blow molding and glass forming. Design engineers to reduce thickness variation to improve the quality of thermoformed or blown products.
Lectures and computer practical sessions to validate acquired knowledge.