This course is designed to provide knowledge about Ansys Additive Science.
Ansys Additive Science provides an exploratory environment for scientists and engineers to determine the optimum process parameters for metal additive manufacturing machines and materials. You can gain insight into the microscale melt pool phenomena by performing full factorial studies with various process parameters.
This course focuses on how materials can be characterized, and how the optimum process parameters can be identified. Multiple material characterizations are studied: melt pool dimensions on a single bead simulation, porosity prediction, microstructure analysis, thermal history. All these characterization procedures are explained in this course.
- knowledge on metals is required, as well as some background on Additive Manufacturing (printing machines and printing process).
- Metal AM experts looking to optimize and fine-tune their machine and material parameters.
- Material scientists working to develop new metal powders and metal AM materials and material specifications.
- Powder bed machine manufacturers seeking to optimize their machine designs.
- Metallurgists in aerospace, biotech, automotive OEMs and organizations interested in AM capabilities.
Lectures and computer workshops to give students the knowledge and confidence they’ll need to apply what they’ve learned to their own designs.