Following completion of each lesson, you will be able to:
Lesson 6: Introduction to the Pro Capabilities
- Incorporate the effects of terrain into your scenario.
- Use terrain data for analysis and visualization.
- Build Constellation and Chain objects
Lesson 7: Customize Analysis with Analysis Workbench
- Create custom functions and calculations relative to times, positions, and reference frames.
- Understand the Vector Geometry, Time, and Calculation tools.
Lesson 8: Compute Coverage Over Regions
- Analyze global coverage from a collection of assets.
- Build the components of coverage grid and assets.
- Use constraints to add realism to your mission.
Lesson 9: Introduction to AzEl Mask Tool and Volumetrics
- Determine if the Earth, local terrain, nature and man-made structures affect visibility.
- Understand the relationship between ground sites and satellites for a variety of purposes such as communications, imaging, radar and general situational awareness.
Lesson 10: Perform Trade Studies with Analyzer
- Conduct trade studies to determine the optimal orbit for your mission.
- Use parametric studies and carpet plot analyses to understand the relationship between inclination and eccentricity on access.
Lesson 11: Introduction to Communications
- Model and analyze a link budget between a ground site and an Earth observation satellite.
- Calculate a link budget.
- Incorporate the effects of terrain obstruction, rain, atmospheric absorption, and system noise temperature on the link budget.
Lesson 12: Introduction to STK Radar
- Learn to set the radar conditions to track objects.
- Examine the radar cross section, pulse repetition frequency, gain, and pulse integration.
Lesson 13.1: Integrating STK with MATLAB
- Create a script to automate your mission scenario and analysis using Matlab.
Lesson 13.2: Integrating STK with Python
- Create a script to automate your mission scenario and analysis using Python.
Lesson 13.3: Integrating STK with Excel
- Create a script to automate your mission scenario and analysis using Excel.
Lesson 14: Model Aircraft Missions with Aviator
- Build a flight route using real-world aircraft performance models.
- Determine how atmospheric phenomena and terrain will affect the performance of an air mission.
- Assess how much fuel is required and how much payload can be carried.
Lesson 15: Introduction to Advanced CAT Tool
- Carry out a close-approach analysis between a primary object (your satellite) and secondary objects (satellites possibly presenting a risk of collision).
- Model the orbit of your primary satellite.
- Use the entire database of tracked space resident objects to predict conjunctions.
Lesson 16: Design Trajectories with Astrogator
- Design high-fidelity spacecraft trajectories for mission planning and operations. Launch from a launch pad and inject your satellite into a geosynchronous equatorial orbit (GEO).
Lesson 17: Air to Missile Observations with EOIR
- Determine when a system can detect, track, identify, and characterize targets of interest under operational conditions.
- Model an observation system on an aircraft and a missile target.
- Define the characteristics of the EOIR sensor and analyze the synthetic image and results.