Circuit-level simulators with edge emitting laser simulation models are complementary to fully physics-based component level simulators and in some respects can compete with them or even overcome them.
This white paper describes important simulation technologies that enable the Ansys Lumerical INTERCONNECT photonic integrated circuit simulator to simulate edge emitting lasers in the time domain by including arbitrary gain spectrum profiles and self-heating effects.
Download the full paper to learn more about:
- What is a travelling wave laser model (TWLM)
- The challenges and benefits of TWLM
- What are the suitable designs and applications for TWLM
- How to accurately Auto-fit gain as a function of temperature and carrier densities
- How to account for self-heating effects