The field of photonic design is rapidly evolving, requiring complex solutions that support the integration of multiple tools and workflows, simulation accuracy, and fabrication complexities. To meet these demands, the photonic industry has developed an ecosystem similar to electronic design automation (EDA) known as electronic photonic design automation (EPDA). Standardized process design kit (PDK)-centric EDA workflows have been crucial for success in the electronics field. Electronic designers have access to comprehensive foundry PDKs supported on their EDA platform of choice. Similarly, in the realm of photonics, there is a pressing need for reliable, scalable, and automated design flows driven by PDKs that support designers running on different design platforms of choice.
This white paper discusses the challenges and solutions around enabling photonic system level design, especially with a focus on cutting-edge solutions for creating foundry-compatible photonic compact model libraries that support multiple platforms and workflows.
Download the full paper to learn more about:
- Challenges around photonic system-level modeling and compact model generation
- Ansys automated multiplatform PDK development solution
- Ansys multiplatform photonic system design and analysis solution
- DWDM example demonstrating consistent simulation results between Verilog-A versus INTERCONNECT models
- Ansys multiphysics modeling solutions for co-packaged optics