The resurgence in hypersonic technology highlights the need to simulate complex systems using computer simulations. Given the extreme costs of flight testing and the limited capabilities of ground-based wind tunnels, computer simulation is a key enabling technology to stay ahead in the design and analysis of hypersonic vehicles.
Computer simulation provides competitive advantages for the design of hypersonic vehicles, including:
- Predicting the aerothermodynamic environment
- Design of the cooling and thermal protection systems
- Analysis of airframe structural integrity
- Lifting of sensors
- Forecasting communication degradation and blackout
In this webinar, we'll present the concept of the hypersonic digital twin and a set of recent CFD validations that support the digital twin.
Speakers: Valerio Viti, PhD – Lead Application Engineer / Scott Marinus – Senior Application Engineer / Jeff Tharp, PhD – Principal Application Engineer / Craig Miller, PhD – Principal Application Engineer
- Grasp the concept of the hypersonic digital twin
- Discover recent CFD validations that support the digital twin