Flow Around a Cylinder with Ansys Fluent and Jupyter Lab
This Jupyter lab exercise allows students to explore the assumptions and limitations of Potential Flow Theory by running Ansys Fluent through a Python interface which extracts plots of pressure and velocity in air flow around a cylinder. No previous knowledge of Fluent or Python is required for students to tackle this lab.
- Explain the assumptions and limitations of Potential Flow Theory
- Perform a flow simulation around a circular cylinder using Ansys Fluent and PyFluent
- Have an awareness of basic concepts of simulation, CFD, and scripting.
- Introduction to Fluid Dynamics
- Introduction to Thermofluids
- Fluid Mechanics I
- A zip folder with: ReadMe file, AnsysCylinderFlowLab Jupyter Lab file, mesh file, and relevant figures