Foldaway Vacuum Cleaner Handle Thickness Optimization (Part 2 of 2)This is the second part of the demonstration of DesignXplorer VT being applied to the Foldaway vacuum cleaner handle. The goal is to optimize the handle to minimize weight while holding the deflection and stress to the same values as the original design.
For this demonstration we will optimize the thickness of the remaining stiffening ribs.
The steps in this demonstration are as follows:
- Remove the insignificant ribs.
- Prepare the model for a Variational Technology solution.
- Create a Design Curve.
- Create a Response Surface.
- Create a Sensitivity Histogram.
- Optimize the thickness of the remaining ribs.