Designed for electrical engineering university professors who teach microwave component design, specifically RF filter design, this how-to webinar will provide a practical approach for designing an RF Filter using EM Simulation to help better involve and engage students in the classroom.
Ansys HFSS will be used to create geometry generated from Ansys FilterSolutions synthesis. Adding electromagnetic simulation to a practical filter design will increase comprehension of filter concepts while using a highly regarded industry EM tool.
- Get a tour of a RF Filter Design Workflow using Ansys AEDT with FilterSolution filter synthesis tools.
- Watch the impact of changing trace width, board height, materials or adding new geometry features near a planar filter layout by simply modifying your model geometry inside of Ansys HFSS electromagnetics simulation – no MATH equations are needed. Parameter variations will be shown.
- Learn how the S parameters or phase delay of the filter layout changes as model geometry or material characteristics are changed.
- Learn how to create model variables to build your own intuitive insights of filter dependencies with materials or LC variations.
- Learn Filter design step by step from synthesis to connectorized product.
- Discover how Ansys EM Simulation tools can help support learning outcomes in the classroom.
Undergraduate or graduate electrical engineering professors or adjuncts teaching Electromagnetic Fields or Microwave Engineering Component Design.