Our Academic product portfolio is divided into these categories:
- Structural–Fluid Dynamics Academic Products: Bundles that offer structural mechanics, explicit dynamics, fluid dynamics and thermal simulation capabilities. These bundles also include Ansys Workbench, relevant CAD import tools, solid modeling and meshing, and high-performance computing (HPC) capability.
- Electronics Academic Products: Bundles that offer high-frequency, signal integrity, RF, microwave, millimeter-wave device and other electronic engineering simulation capabilities. These bundles include products such as Ansys HFSS, Ansys Q3D Extractor, Ansys Slwave, Ansys Maxwell and Ansys Simplorer Advanced. The bundles also include HPC and import/connectivity to many common MCAD and ECAD tools.
- Embedded Software Academic Products: Bundles of our SCADE products that offer a model-based development environment for embedded software.
- Multiphysics Campus Solutions: Large task count bundles of research and teaching products from all three of the above categories intended for larger-scale deployment across a campus or multiple campuses.
Ansys provides a portfolio of academic products based on the following usage tiers:
- Student: Free student version products that provide students the opportunity to use simulation outside of the classroom.
- Teaching: High-quality simulation technology to ensure that students receive the best education and hands-on experience; tools can be leveraged to attract and retain students in a crowded secondary education market.
- Research: Provides graduates and researchers with access to high-fidelity simulation tools that improve the accuracy and efficiency of results.
- Toolbox: For more-specialized pre-processing and solver concerns, such as meshing or turbomachinery-specific applications.
View our Support Policy for our Academic Product Portfolio here.