ANSYS Maxwell is the industry-leading electromagnetic field simulation software for the design and analysis of electric motors, actuators, sensors, transformers and other electromagnetic and electromechanical devices. With Maxwell, you can precisely characterize the nonlinear, transient motion of electromechanical components and their effects on the drive circuit and control system design. By leveraging Maxwell’s advanced electromagnetic field solvers and seamlessly linking them to the integrated circuit and systems simulation technology, you can understand the performance of electromechanical systems long before building a prototype in hardware. This virtual electromagnetic lab gives you an important competitive advantage with faster time to market, reduced costs and improved system performance.
Maxwell includes the following solvers:
- Magnetic transient with rigid motion
- AC electromagnetic
- DC conduction
- Electric transient
- Expert design interfaces for electric machines and transformers
- Simplorer (circuit and system simulation)
- Balance of Power - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I2
- Bringing Down the Volume
- Charged Up - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V9 I1
- Electrifying the Competition: Politecnico di Torino - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I1
- Losing Contact - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I1
- Magnetic Appeal - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I2
- Robust Electric Machine Design Through Multiphysics - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I2
- Acoustical Noise of a PMSM Motor Due to Eccentricity
- Maxwell Time Decomposition Method Accelerates Simulation of Transient Electromagnetic Fields with Intel Xeon Processor E5-2697 v4 - White Paper
- Beyond Electromagnetic Component Modeling — Extending Finite Element Analysis to Include Multi-Domain System Simulation
- Leveraging Automation to Generate Efficiency Maps for Electrical Machines in ANSYS Maxwell
- Ansys NVH Solutions for Electric Vehicles
Low Frequency Electromagnetic Field Simulation
You can simulate magnetic transients with motion, AC electromagnetic, magnetostatic, electrostatic, DC conduction and electric transient applications.
Automatic, Adaptive Meshing
Get answers with user-specified accuracy with minimal setup effort or manual intervention with the mesh process.
Solve bigger, faster and higher fidelity simulations with our groundbreaking HPC methodologies, which are optimized for single multicore machines and scalable to take advantage of full cluster power.
Multidomain System Modeling
Integrated modeling capability to analyze electromagnetic components within a systems environment
Simulate deformation, temperature distribution, vibration and more by leveraging Maxwell’s links to the full ANSYS engineering portfolio.
Expert Design Interfaces
You can utilize design interfaces to create models for electric machines, transformers and inductors from an easy-to-use template-based interface.
Enables you to quickly identify optimal values for critical design parameters and perform detailed sensitivity and statistical analysis.
Advanced Electromagnetic Material Modeling
You can simulate core loss, hysteresis, magnetostriction and temperature-dependent permanent magnets.
GRANTA Materials Data for Simulation
Easy access to the materials including electromagnetic properties, in addition to mechanical and thermal properties from within the ANSYS Electronics Desktop.
Network Data Explorer
Network Data Explorer provides visualization, analysis and manipulation tools for network data.
Unified platform for electromagnetic, electromechanical, circuit and system simulation. HFSS, Maxwell, Q3D Extractor, Icepak and Simplorer are built into the Electronics Desktop, which serves as a universal pre- and post- processor for these tools.