ANSYS nCode DesignLife
Predict your product’s fatigue life before you build it
ANSYS nCode DesignLife works with ANSYS Mechanical to reliably evaluate fatigue life. Using the results of finite element analysis (FEA) from ANSYS Mechanical, it calculates stresses and strains, then cumulates damage from repetitive loading to determine a product’s predicted life. You can quickly evaluate the effects of different materials and alternative geometries for new designs, and then optimize them for the product’s expected usage — long before the first prototype is built.
ANSYS nCode DesignLife, the industry-leading tool for durability analysis, gives you a comprehensive diagnostic fatigue process to predict your product’s operational lifetime. It is fully integrated into ANSYS Workbench for ease of use and smooth workflow. You can create complex loading “duty cycles” based on measurements that represent real-life forces on products, or use anticipated loading histories.
Fatigue analysis process
Once created, the fatigue process can be captured and reused. Engineers without fatigue expertise can evaluate modified product designs to determine the updated product life. Start-to-end automation avoids the majority of errors and ensures consistency, especially in large organizations in which multiple engineers might be analyzing the results.
- Analyzing Random Vibration Fatigue - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V2 I3
- Coupling Analyses to Improve Nuclear Safety - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V2 I3
- Driving for Durability - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V4 I1
- Harnessing Natural Energy - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V2 I3
- To Live Forever - Fatigue Simulation - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V6 I2