ANSYS Discovery AIM
Up to 80% of the cost of a product’s development is determined by the decisions you make early in the design process. Upfront simulation is digitally exploring design concepts and testing critical design choices early in the product lifecycle using simulation. Upfront simulation gives you the information to make informed decisions, reduce costly physical prototypes, and avoid unworkable designs down the road. Upfront simulation helps you bring innovation to market faster and less expensively.
ANSYS Discovery AIM makes upfront simulation easy by combining intuitive, guided workflows, accurate simulation results and optimization in a complete simulation tool. Integrated geometry modeling based on ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim technology helps you create new 3D concept models, or edit/repair existing geometry. Whether a simulation includes electromagnetics, thermal, structures, or fluids or combinations thereof, all aspects of simulation workflow are included in the single-window design, which enables you to predict complete product performance with results you can trust. Discovery AIM’s powerful parametric and optimization capabilities can automatically explore the design space thoroughly and find the best design faster.
ANSYS Discovery AIM makes it easy to deploy simulation throughout an engineering organization. You can customize Discovery AIM’s user interfaces to comply with your company’s standards for simulation, and create simulation templates for your unique industry applications. Because Discovery AIM includes fluids, structures, thermal and electromagnetics simulation capabilities, engineers only need to learn one tool, reducing training time and costs.
Ways to Access AIM Technology
The AIM technology can be accessed through the ANSYS Discovery Ultimate Bundle to get all the benefits and features of Discovery AIM, along with Discovery Live instant simulation and Discovery SpaceClaim geometry modeling in one package. It can also be accessed through the ANSYS Mechanical Enterprise, ANSYS CFD Enterprise, and multiphysics bundles.
- ANSYS AIM Simplifies Thermal-Electric-Structural Simulation of LED Fixture - Application Brief
- ANSYS AIM Streamlines Fatigue Analysis of Compressed Gas Cylinder - Application Brief
- ANSYS AIM Streamlines Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Design - Application Brief
- Designing an Optimized Racing Longboard with ANSYS AIM - Application Brief
- Thermal Analysis of 3-D Printer Extruder Using ANSYS AIM - Application Brief
- Designing a Heat Sink for CPU Cooling with ANSYS AIM - Application Brief
- White Papers
- Demonstration of Discovery AIM: Simulation for Every Engineer - Video
- Single User Interface with Multiple Physics ANSYS AIM - Video
- ANSYS AIM Fuse Demo - Video
- ANSYS AIM Mixer Demo - Video
- ANSYS AIM Axle Demo - Video
- ANSYS AIM Wind Tunnel - Demo
- Customization of ANSYS AIM for Natural Frequency Calculations - Demo
- Customization of ANSYS AIM for Internal Flow - Demo
See what's new in ANSYS Discovery AIM
See how our customers are using our software:
Taking Off the Brakes to Product Development
Using AIM made moving from CAD-centric design to the world of high-fidelity simulation easy for designers at a leading automotive and marine supplier. Access to multiphysics tools has reduced costs, improved productivity and provided insights that were previously unavailable.View Case Study
ANSYS AIM Streamlines Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Design
Optimizing the design of a shell and tube heat exchanger is a challenge that requires you to understand fluid flow, heat transfer from the fluid into the mechanical structure, and thermal stress and deflection. AIM streamlines heat exchanger design by simplifying all of the steps involved from geometry creation to results.View Case Study