Porsche Motorsport: Analyzing Power Losses in a High-Performance Powertrain
This webinar will discuss why powertrain efficiency is crucial for electric race cars and how to calculate the losses in electric machines and inverters using AnsysMaxwell combined with semi-analytical approaches.
What you will learn
- Learn why losses are relevant for electric race cars
- Determine drivetrain operating points
- Calculate the losses in machine and inverter
- Calculate AC loss in the windings of an electrical machine
- Observe the impact of PWM current ripple on machine loss (winding losses, core losses, permanent magnet losses)
- See the influence of turn numberon machine and inverter loss
Leonard Mengoni, Development High Voltage Power Units, Porsche Motorsport.This webinar spotlights electromagnetics leakage analysis and showcases tools for enabling pre-silicon security simulation of a layout from standard EDA collateral.