ANSYS CFX is a high-performance computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software tool that delivers reliable and accurate solutions quickly and robustly across a wide range of CFD and multiphysics applications. CFX is recognized for its outstanding accuracy, robustness and speed when simulating turbomachinery, such as pumps, fans, compressors and gas and hydraulic turbines.
New: Generate Performance Maps with CFX
The performance map is the result of your analysis. Now CFX allows you to create complete operating maps with a simple integrated process. Using a single performance map format file, CFX generates all necessary results as if they were a single simulation run. It then organizes them into a master folder for unified analysis.
New: Reliably Capture Cavitation without Empirical Parameters or Tuning
Engineers need to accurately predict cavitation in diverse applications such as hydro pumps, diesel fuel injectors and rocket fuel systems. However, classical models such as Rayleigh-Plesset are highly empirical and can return unphysical results unless required parameters are carefully tuned. A new approach to cavitation modeling in CFX uses an equilibrium phase change model and relies on material properties only, to reliably predict cavitation without the need for empirical model parameters. It provides a physically realistic solution (e.g., no negative absolute pressures) without tuning, and naturally includes physics such as thermodynamic suppression head and changes in vapor pressure due to temperature variations.
- Case Studies
- White Papers
- ANSYS Fluent Mosaic Technology Automatically Combines Disparate Meshes with Polyhedral Elements for Fast, Accurate Flow Resolution - White Paper
- Using Simulation to Optimize Reacting Flows and Combustion - Application Brief
- ANSYS Fluent Single-Window Task-Based Workflow for Better CFD Simulations - Application Brief
- GEKO – A New Paradigm in Turbulence Modeling
- ANSYS Fluent Optimized Battery Cooling System for Extreme Performance to Help VW Motorsport Win the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
- Directly Enter Expressions to Speed, Simplify Simulations in ANSYS Fluent 2019 R1
- GEKO Puts You in Control of CFD Turbulence Modeling
- Using Detailed Chemistry in ANSYS Chemkin-Pro for More Accurate CFD Combustion and Reacting Flow Simulations
ANSYS CFX software is a high-performance, general-purpose fluid dynamics program that engineers have applied to solve wide-ranging fluid flow problems for over 20 years. At the heart of CFX is its advanced solver technology, the key to achieving reliable and accurate solutions quickly and robustly. The modern, highly parallelized solver is the foundation for an abundant choice of physical models that capture virtually any type of phenomena related to fluid flow. The solver and models are wrapped in a modern, intuitive, and flexible GUI and user environment, with extensive capabilities for customization and automation using session files, scripting and a powerful expression language.
ANSYS Capabilities Chart (PDF)
See how our customers are using our software:
High Efficiency via High Technology
As power plants have become more complex, energy efficient and renewable, the challenges to ensure reliable operation have increased. With more than 20,000 steam turbines installed worldwide, Siemens has long relied on ANSYS simulation solutions to predict how their products will perform under today’s diverse, demanding conditions. In this article, Leif Paulukuhn, head of Global Steam Turbine Technology at Siemens, explains the critical role of simulation and other advanced engineering technologies in their design efforts.View Case Study
Nebia Uses Simulation to Make a Luxury Shower Head Go Green.View Case Study