The new era of semiconductors will enable transformational products for artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, automotive, networking, cloud and edge compute applications. Ubiquitous connectivity, low latency and faster data rates will enable billions of more smart devices. These devices will rely on advanced, low power FinFET designs and state-of-the-art 3D-IC packaging technologies to deliver the required power, performance, area and reliability metrics.
Multiphysics analysis is critical for enabling these cutting-edge electronics systems to work reliably in their lifetime. ANSYS empowers customers with multiphysics simulations to simultaneously solve power, thermal, variability, timing, electromagnetics and reliability challenges across the spectrum of chip, package and system to promote first-time silicon and system success. ANSYS simulation and modeling tools offer you early power budgeting analysis for high-impact design decisions and foundry-certified accuracy needed for IC signoff.
System-aware IC power efficiency, power integrity and reliability
At the core of every electronics system is a chip that has to meet multiple conflicting requirements, such as high performance, increased functionality, power efficiency, reliability and low cost. Ensuring the chip meets power efficiency, power integrity and reliability requirements as both a stand-alone component and within the electronics system calls for a system-aware chip design methodology. ANSYS uniquely offers a suite of multiscale, multiphysics solutions to support a chip-package-system (CPS) design flow.
Foundry certified accuracy
With the cost of designing and implementing a system-on-chip (SoC) ranging from $50 million to $200 million, first-time working silicon is a must. IC designers require the most accurate simulation solution and consider foundry certification as the ultimate proof of accuracy. ANSYS semiconductor solutions have been certified by all leading foundries since 2006.
Our software has enabled thousands of successful tape-outs across multiple technology nodes. Our solutions are used by more than 90 percent of the global semiconductor companies, including all of the top 20.
- White Papers
- Empowering Customers Beyond Signoff - Application Brief
- Timing Is of the Essence: Variability-aware and SPICE-accurate Timing Closure
- A Comprehensive Approach to System-Level ESD
- ESD Analysis in High Performance Designs has to be Dynamic
- Thermal Coupling of On-chip Hot Interconnect for Thermal-aware EM Evaluation - Application Brief
- Addressing Multiphysics Challenges in 7nm FinFET Designs
- Multiphysics Reliability Signoff for Next-Generation Automotive Electronics Systems - Webinar
- High Capacity Power Signoff Using Big Data - Webinar
- Thermal, EM and ESD Reliability Signoff for Next Generation FinFET Designs - Webinar
- Leveraging Chip Power Models for System-Level EMC Simulation of Automotive ICs
PowerArtist is a comprehensive physically-aware design-for-power solution for early register-transfer-level (RTL) power budgeting, efficiency analysis, reduction and regression. It can profile the power of real applications and perform seamless RTL-to-physical power integrity and thermal analysis.