April 28, 2021
With more than 200 sessions, countless attendee networking opportunities, exhibitor booth visits and a fully interactive Smart City to explore in the span of a few days, it’s impossible for you to have experienced everything Simulation World 2021 had to offer last week. But you don’t have miss out on the 65+ hours of content that was presented at Simulation World. Much of it is available on demand, for a limited time.
Don’t know where to begin? Register for Simulation World on demand to catch these elite eight sessions that were among the most well attended.
1. In his Opening Keynote, Ajei Gopal, Ansys president and CEO outlines how engineers across industries are driving an economic recovery by delivering innovations in electrification, 5G and telecommunications, the industrial internet of things (IIoT) and autonomy. Using real-world examples, Gopal shows how engineering leaders are driving top-line growth and bottom-line savings by using simulation as their superpower.
2. Ferdinando Cannizzo, Head of GT Racing Car Design & Development, Ferrari Competizioni GT, explains how their engineers optimize aerodynamics quickly — increasing their engineering productivity by 300% — to get vehicle design innovations on the track before the competition. Check out the Ferrari: Innovating & Winning with Ansys Simulation Technology session to learn more.
3. In the CTO Roundtable: Digital Twin session, Ansys CTO Prith Banerjee is joined by Sam George, Corporate VP of Azure IoT, Microsoft; Donato Matinez Perez de Rojas, Group CTO, Navantia; Tauseef Salma, Group CTO, Flowserve and Hakan Yilmaz, CTO, Aerospace, Honeywell to discuss the benefits of digital twins, implmentation challenges and how those challenges are already being met.
4. Carol Erikson, VP Engineering, Space Systems at Northrop Grumman presented 5 “Megatrends” That Will Have the Biggest Impact on the Simulation Industry. No spoliers here. You’ll have to register for Simulation World to hear this preeminent engineer’s predictions
5. As we reported, Ansys software was used to simulate how NASA made history yet again with the first powered flight on another planet. In Simulate Mighty Things - How Simulation Helps JPL to Expand the Frontier of Space Exploration, Larry James, Lt. Gen. USAF (Retired), Deputy Director, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory gives you a behind-the-scenes look at how NASA/JPL uses simulation to remain at the forefront of robotic space exploration.
6. Watch Tier 1 automotive supplier Marelli’s Hardware Engineering Manager Fabio Alpiovezza and CAE Manager R&D Francesco Lelli show how they use simulation to accelerate development in the Design and Optimization of Electric Powertrains with Ansys session.
7. In the Application of Ansys Fluent for Optimization of Non-Newtonian Fluid Flow through a Slot Die for Battery Manufacturing session, Battery Engineer Xuechun Qian will explain how Panasonic Energy of North America uses simulation to maximize battery cell production at the Tesla Gigafactory.
8. And finally, learn how Aditya Dubey, Mechanical Developer, Siemens estimates fracture mechanics by watching 3D Crack Propagation Simulation Using Ansys S.M.A.R.T FM Tool on Large Gas Turbine Casing Components.
The sessions above are just a small sampling of what is available to Simulation World registrants. In addition to the 200+ sessions across a dozen different tracks, you can access access a fully interactive Smart City to see how simulation technologies are at the heart of the most disruptive innovations and visit our exhibitors’ virtual trade booths. Some of the tracks, such as as Cloud, Digital Mission Engineering, 5G Connectivity, Leadership and Academia can be binge-watched in a single afternoon. Of course, you can also mix-and-match sessions from different tracks to build your own agenda.
Join tens of thousands of your colleagues who already registered to attend. The virtual conference will be available on demand for a limited time, so take advantage of this digital format to be informed and inspried at your convenience – no plane ticket, hotel or registration fee required. Register for Simulation World on demand here.
We’re here to answer your questions and look forward to speaking with you. A member of our Ansys sales team will contact you shortly.