Cadence Design Systems
Cadence Design Systems' converter links provide ANSYS users with the ability to port complex shapes including leadframes to a variety of ANSYS tools including HFSS, Q3D, SiWave etc.The Simlink HFSS/Q3D converters are an add-on module that exports an intelligent design using the design process from one of our Designer Suites.Once the layout has been created from scratch or re-intelligized from DXF/DWG files, the design layout will include embedded attributes such as Material and Net information. The exported design and attribute information is saved as a .VBS script to be read into the Ansys HFSS/Q3D environment. Key Export Options include:
- Spline Bond (for smooth wires)
- Dielectric Layers
- Ohmegaply Underlay
- Substrate Bond Pads (SBP)
- Union Metal objects
- Bond wire shapes include: Hexagonal, Octagonal, Ribbon, Round
- Bondwire Industry types: Jedec 4, Jedec 5 or set custom Jedec Height
- Creates .VBS script that will include information from design and settings and rebuilds in HFSS/Q3D environment.
Using the internal 'Captured' netlist, the software can be used to quickly create ports that will be used in the export to HFSS/Q3D.
- Designate by Reference Designator (component) and pin.
- Populates with Captured Netnames
- Set Ohms values for Resistance and Reactance
- Includes X and Y coordinates of each port
- Set Text size or use default value set by EPD
- Enable or Disable ports for export
Asia Pacific, Europe, MEA, North America