3D Electromagnetic Field Simulator for RF and Wireless Design
ANSYS HFSS is a 3D electromagnetic (EM) simulation software for designing and simulating high-frequency electronic products such as antennas, antenna arrays, RF or microwave components, high-speed interconnects, filters, connectors, IC packages and printed circuit boards. Engineers worldwide use ANSYS HFSS to design high-frequency, high-speed electronics found in communications systems, radar systems, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), satellites, internet-of-things (IoT) products and other high-speed RF and digital devices.
HFSS (High Frequency Structure Simulator) employs versatile solvers and an intuitive GUI to give you unparalleled performance plus deep insight into all your 3D EM problems. Through integration with ANSYS thermal, structural and fluid dynamics tools, HFSS provides a powerful and complete multiphysics analysis of electronic products, ensuring their thermal and structural reliability. HFSS is synonymous with gold standard accuracy and reliability for tackling 3D EM challenges by virtue of its automatic adaptive meshing technique and sophisticated solvers, which can be accelerated through high performance computing (HPC) technology.
The ANSYS HFSS simulation suite consists of a comprehensive set of solvers to address diverse electromagnetic problems ranging in detail and scale from passive IC components to extremely large-scale EM analyses such as automotive radar scenes for ADAS systems. Its reliable automatic adaptive mesh refinement lets you focus on the design instead of spending time determining and creating the best mesh. This automation and guaranteed accuracy differentiates HFSS from all other EM simulators, which require manual user control and multiple solutions to ensure that the generated mesh is suitable and accurate. With ANSYS HFSS, the physics defines the mesh rather than the mesh defining the physics.
ANSYS HFSS is the premier EM tool for R&D and virtual design prototyping. It reduces design cycle time and boosts your product’s reliability and performance. Beat the competition and capture your market with ANSYS HFSS.
- Developing Reliable Small Antennas for Smartphones - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V9 I1
- Electric Power through the Air - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V9 I2
- Lightning Strikes More Than Once - ANSYS Advantage - Article - V10 I1
- Radar Road Trip - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V9 I2
- Test Drive for EMI - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V9 I2
- Keeping the Block Cool - ANSYS Advantage - Article - V10 I1
- White Papers
- Package on Board Simulation with 3-D Electromagnetic Simulation - White Paper
- Antenna Simulation for Commercial Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and Wireless Networks in a Warehouse Environment - White Paper
- An Integrated Workflow for Simulating Installed Antenna and RF System Performance on Airborne Platforms - White Paper
- Energy Efficient, IoT-Based Smart Home - White Paper
- Solving Interference Issues in a Smart Home with ANSYS EMIT - White Paper
High-Frequency Electromagnetic Solvers
Simulate the electromagnetic behavior of your products using the premier electromagnetic solver technology.
Reliability and Automatic Adaptive Meshing
In HFSS, meshes are produced automatically, ensuring efficient simulations and highly accurate results.
Share 3D simulation-ready components throughout the supply chain and protect your IP.
Perform bigger, faster and higher fidelity simulations with our groundbreaking HPC methodologies, which are optimized for single multicore machines and scalable to take advantage of full cluster power.
Unified platform for electromagnetic, electromechanical, circuit and system simulation. HFSS, Maxwell, Q3D Extractor, Icepak and Simplorer are built into the Electronics Desktop, which serves as a universal pre- and post- processor for these tools.