Up to 80% of the cost of a product’s development is determined by the decisions you make early in the design process. Upfront simulation is digitally exploring design concepts and testing critical design choices early in the product lifecycle using simulation. Upfront simulation gives you the information to make informed decisions, reduce costly physical prototypes, and avoid unworkable designs down the road. Upfront simulation helps you bring innovation to market faster and less expensively.
ANSYS AIM makes upfront simulation easy by combining intuitive, guided workflows, accurate simulation results and optimization in a complete simulation tool. Integrated geometry modeling based on ANSYS SpaceClaim technology helps you create new 3-D concept models, or edit/repair existing geometry. Whether a simulation includes electromagnetics, thermal, structures, or fluids or combinations thereof, all aspects of simulation workflow are included in the single-window design, which enables you to predict complete product performance with results you can trust. AIM’s powerful parametric and optimization capabilities can automatically explore the design space thoroughly and find the best design faster.
ANSYS AIM makes it easy to deploy simulation throughout an engineering organization. You can customize AIM’s user interfaces to comply with your company’s standards for simulation, and create simulation templates for your unique industry applications. Because AIM includes fluids, structures, thermal and electromagnetics simulation capabilities, engineers only need to learn one tool, reducing training time and costs.
- Case Studies
- White Papers
- ANSYS AIM Simplifies Thermal-Electric-Structural Simulation of LED Fixture - Application Brief
- ANSYS AIM Streamlines Fatigue Analysis of Compressed Gas Cylinder - Application Brief
- Designing an Optimized Racing Longboard with ANSYS AIM - Case Study
- Thermal Analysis of 3-D Printer Extruder Using ANSYS AIM
- Designing a Heat Sink for CPU Cooling with ANSYS AIM - Case Study
- ANSYS AIM Streamlines Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Design - Application Brief
- Demonstration of ANSYS AIM: Simulation for Every Engineer - Video
- ANSYS AIM Bike Demo - Video
- ANSYS AIM Wind Tunnel Demo - Video
- ANSYS AIM Fuse Demo - Video
- ANSYS AIM Mixer Demo - Video
- ANSYS AIM Axle Demo - Video
- Customization of ANSYS AIM for Natural Frequency Calculations - Demo
- Customization of ANSYS AIM for Internal Flow - Demo
See how our customers are using our software:
Taking Off the Brakes to Product Development
Using AIM made moving from CAD-centric design to the world of high-fidelity simulation easy for designers at a leading automotive and marine supplier. Access to multiphysics tools has reduced costs, improved productivity and provided insights that were previously unavailable.View Case Study
ANSYS AIM Streamlines Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Design
Optimizing the design of a shell and tube heat exchanger is a challenge that requires you to understand fluid flow, heat transfer from the fluid into the mechanical structure, and thermal stress and deflection. AIM streamlines heat exchanger design by simplifying all of the steps involved from geometry creation to results.View Case Study