Academic Product Portfolio
ANSYS Academic products are used by thousands of universities and colleges in over 60 countries, with tens of thousands of users globally. The reason? ANSYS provides outstanding value, laying the foundation for educational and other opportunities that arise from using best-in-class engineering simulation tools. The low-cost, high-performance bundles of ANSYS simulation technology include structural, thermal, fluid dynamics, explicit dynamics, electronics and multiphysics solvers, ANSYS Workbench, CAD import tools, solid modeling, advanced meshing, and post-processing features.
- Case Studies
- White Papers
The ANSYS Academic product portfolio is divided into the following categories:
- Structural-Fluid Dynamics Academic Products — Bundles that offer structural mechanics, explicit dynamics, fluid dynamics and thermal simulation capabilities. These bundles also include ANSYS Workbench, relevant CAD import tools, solid modeling and meshing, and High Performance Computing (HPC) capability.
- Electronics Academic Products — Bundles that offer high-frequency, signal integrity, RF, microwave, millimeter-wave device and other electronic engineering simulation capabilities. These bundles include product such as ANSYS HFSS, ANSYS Q3D Extractor, ANSYS SIwave, ANSYS Maxwell, ANSYS Simplorer Advanced. The bundles also include HPC and import/connectivity to many common MCAD and ECAD tools.
- Embedded Software Academic Products — Bundles of our SCADE products that offer a model-based development environment for embedded software.
- Multiphysics Campus Solutions — Large task count bundles of Research & Teaching products from all three of the above categories intended for larger-scale deployment across a campus, or multiple campuses.
The ANSYS Academic products are packaged differently from commercial products — a concept that relates to product names and features as well as whether add-on modules are included, excluded or simply limited:
- An academic product is a bundle of analysis technology, often incorporating many commercial products and add-on modules. Some of the academic products have more than 10 commercial products bundled.
- Academic product names and license files are different from commercial products.
- A single academic product license may contain multiple tasks (typically 1, 5, 25 or 50 tasks). Each task maps to a separate user.
Although packaged differently, the ANSYS Academic products are derived directly from commercial product variants. From a user’s perspective, academic products offer the same look and feel as commercial products. For example, a user accessing the ANSYS Mechanical capability bundled with an academic product will have the same GUI, workflow, pre-processing, post-processing and solver as the commercial product. In many cases, an academic user will actually have access to far more simulation capability than the average commercial user. The ANSYS philosophy is to provide academia with very high value bundles of analysis technology without the need to purchase multiple products.
ANSYS provides a highly scalable portfolio of academic products based on several usage tiers:
- Teaching — high-quality simulation technology to ensure students receive the best possible education and hands-on experience; tools can be leveraged to attract and retain students in a crowded secondary education market
- Research — provides graduates and researchers with access to high-fidelity simulation tools that improve results accuracy and efficiency, leading to
- Toolbox — for more-specialized pre-processing and solver concerns, such as meshing or turbomachinery-specific applications
Each tier includes a range of high-value noncommercial products that bundles broad physics and advanced coupled-field (multiphysics) solver capabilities.