As the Director of the Swanson Engineering Simulation Program at Cornell University, Dr. Bhaskaran promotes the democratization of simulation through the integration of simulation tools into the engineering curriculum. He has helped introduce Cornell students to simulation tools that cover CFD, heat transfer, solid mechanics and numerical analysis. He teaches a free online course titled "A Hands-on Introduction to Engineering Simulations" which uses Ansys tools.
- Bachelor of Technology In Aerospace Engineering degree from the Indian Institute of Technology
- Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering degree from Iowa State University
- Doctor of Philosopy in Aerospace Engineering degree from Iowa State University
- Dennis G. Shepherd Teaching Award (College of Engineering, Cornell University) 2017
- Selected to participate in Frontiers of Engineering Education symposium that brings together early-career faculty members who are developing innovative educational approaches (National Academy of Engineering) 2011