Simulation is becoming an integral part of our customers’ product development processes – and new horizons await. Integrating all CAx tools used to evaluate designs in automated simulation flows is one important step in the digitalization process. By combining different physics into a multidisciplinary approach, phenomena can be investigated more holistically and optimized to a greater degree. Additionally, simulation processes can be standardized and shared (democratized) across teams, allowing simulation novices to gain more direct access to simulation.
Time-consuming manual searches for the best and most robust design configuration can now be accelerated by adding state-of-the-art algorithms for design exploration, optimization, robustness and reliability analysis. Through the power of interactive visualization and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies, engineers and designers can gain a better understanding of their design and make the right decisions in less time.
The process integration and design optimization (PIDO) solution that enables all the above is Ansys optiSLang.
Ansys optiSLang consists of two main parts:
- Process integration — for simulation workflow building and process automation. It connects Ansys, third-party and in-house tools to automated simulation workflows. The graphical programming and the flexibility of connection, loop and condition setups help you to represent and manage your simulation processes. Open interfaces support integrated algorithms or solver nodes and publishing of PIDO flows to Ansys Minerva.
- Variation analysis — with a library of leading-edge design exploration algorithm packages, in an easy-to-use module that can be connected to process integration. It helps you to understand your design by automatically identifying relevant parameters. With optimization algorithms, in combination with powerful metamodeling technology, you can optimize your product, find the right parameters or drive a trade-of-study with minimal effort. Ansys optiSLang also delivers leading- edge algorithms for robustness and reliability evaluation, to be used for uncertainty quantification, design optimization or connection of functional optimization with cost and tolerance optimization.
The software offers an open architecture. You can add your own algorithms, as well as plug in customized process integration nodes to any kind of CAx tool.
With the power of parametric variation analysis used in virtual prototyping, you can achieve more optimal and robust products with less cost and in less time (versus trial-and-error approaches).
Combining Powerful Parametric Model Capabilities With Robust Design Optimization (RDO)
With computer-aided engineering (CAE), engineers can investigate large numbers of product variants across numerous product application scenarios. This is a key strategy for cutting costs and shortening design cycles during the virtual product development process. The combination of Ansys Workbench — providing leading technology for parametric and pervasive CAD, plus CAE modeling for simulation-driven product development — and Ansys optiSLang — delivering efficiency and automation of RDO methods — offers a powerful environment for virtual product optimization.
- Multiphysics Optimization of Electronics Systems Using ANSYS Icepak, ANSYS Mechanical and ANSYS optiSLang
- Ansys optiSLang: Process Integration, Variation Analysis and Robust Design Optimization
- Designing an E-Machine: Optimizing Electric Machines with Multiphysics Analysis
- Robust Design Optimization using Ansys optiSlang
Integrate Ansys tools, including Ansys Workbench and Ansys Electronics Desktop, with any third-party or in-house tools to drive automated design exploration studies.
Design and Data Exploration
Drive leading-edge design of experiments (DOE) and understand the relationship between input variation and response variation, regardless of whether data points come from simulation or from the field.
Automatically generate best possible metamodels based on simulation results or measurement. Use these metamodels for sensitivity analysis, optimization or robustness evaluation, or export them for use as reduced-order models (ROM).
Automatic Design Optimization
OptiSLang uses Industry-leading algorithms to drive solvers and optimize designs automatically.
Robust Design and Reliability
Evaluate the robustness and reliability of a design, perform wizard-based uncertainty quantification (UQ) or robust design optimization (RDO).
Easy Access from ANSYS Workbench
ANSYS optiSLang, and its user-friendly wizards backed by powerful algorithms, can be accessed and used inside the ANSYS Workbench platform.