Introduction to Heat Transfer in Fluids using Ansys Fluent
The teaching package is used to understand heat transfer and its applications. It explains the relationship between heat transfer and thermodynamics by utilizing the laws of thermodynamics. Using these laws, different heat transfer methods like conduction, convection and radiation can be illustrated. Practical simulation examples and homework are also included which utilize Ansys Fluent to further understand these concepts in detail.
- Understand different heat transfer methods like conduction, convection and radiation and the equations relevant to them.
- Learn real life examples where these concepts are visualized.
- Understand the thermodynamic principles and the laws of thermodynamics - zeroth, first and second laws.
- Ability to use Ansys Fluent to simulate simple heat transfer problems.
Applicable Courses for Use
- Introduction to Heat Transfer
- Instructor Manual
- PowerPoint Presentations (slides with notes)
- Simulation Exercises and Homework