ANSYS Maxwell is the industry-leading electromagnetic field simulation software for the design and analysis of electric motors, actuators, sensors, transformers and other electromagnetic and electromechanical devices. With Maxwell, you can precisely characterize the nonlinear, transient motion of electromechanical components and their effects on the drive circuit and control system design. By leveraging Maxwell’s advanced electromagnetic field solvers and seamlessly linking them to the integrated circuit and systems simulation technology, you can understand the performance of electromechanical systems long before building a prototype in hardware. This virtual electromagnetic lab gives you an important competitive advantage with faster time to market, reduced costs and improved system performance.
Maxwell includes the following solvers:
- Magnetic Transient with rigid motion
- AC Electromagnetic
- DC Conduction
- Electric Transient
- Expert Design Interfaces for electric machines and transformers
- ANSYS Simplorer Entry (circuit and system simulation)
- Balance of Power - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I2
- Bringing Down the Volume - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I3
- Charged Up - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V9 I1
- Electrifying the Competition: Politecnico di Torino - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I1
- Losing Contact - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I1
- Magnetic Appeal - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I2
- Robust Electric Machine Design Through Multiphysics - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I2
- White Papers
See how our customers are using our software:
Indar Electric, S.L. - More Power to You
Simulation helps Indar to design one of the world’s highest-efficiency permanent magnet wind turbine generators.
View Case Study
Hyundai Heavy Industries - Balance of Power
To balance performance and cost, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Bulgaria uses ANSYS multiphysics solutions to design power transformers and associated equipment.
View Case Study