Multiphase CFD in Minerals & Metal Processing
Multiphase flows form the basis of many important processes in the mineral processing, metal production, energy and chemical process industries. CSIRO has developed computational fluid dynamics (CFD) models to better understand numerous industrial processes, improve performance and develop new novel processes. CSIRO’s CFD team works across a broad range of areas, including gas-liquid, gas-solid and gas-liquid-slid flows. They develop CFD multiphase models for process equipment across a range of industries and leverage experimental facilities to measure models spanning a range of scales, including laboratory, pilot-plant and industrial plants.
This webinar spotlights multiphase CFD model development and how CFD models support industrial plants.
- Getting to know CSISO: Introduction and overview
- Learn how to develop a dry slag granulator
- Explore CFD model development and its application to slurry thickeners
- Receive expert insights on fluidised bed modeling
- Learn about modelling of iron ore reduction in the HIsmelt bath
- Understand liquid-particle-bubble modeling in flotation cells.