Solving Complex Combustion Challenges – From Air-Fuel Mixing to Pollutant Emissions
Many industrial applications incorporate combustion processes: from gas turbine and coal combustion for power generation to reformers that generate fuel for fuel cells; from household heating furnaces to incineration plants that burn waste. The challenges for engineers designing combustion systems are multiple and varied:
- Stable combustion must be ensured.
- Temperature distribution must be controlled to eliminate degradation while ensuring high efficiency.
- Pollutant emissions must meet regulations, which become more stringent every year.
ANSYS offers a complete range of fluid dynamics simulation tools for applications that require efficient combustion.
- Accurate turbulence models to accurately predict fuel–air mixing
- Capabilities for liquid and gas fuels as well as combustible particles like coal
- Combustion models that simulate everything from flame location and temperature distribution to pollutant emissions
- Advanced heat transfer models to predict influence of radiation, combustion systems wall temperature, etc.
- Fluid–structure interaction capabilities to predict effects of hot combustion gases on behavior and life of combustion system casing
For more information: