- 内置HPC：对于教学、研究和辅助授权而言，HPC功能内置在学术基础授权的每个任务中。对于大多数物理求解器而言，这包括最多16个内核的共享和分布式存储器HPC功能，此外，ANSYS Mechanical、Fluent和电子求解器还支持GPU访问。
All the ANSYS Academic Products that bundle solvers that support HPC have 16 HPC tasks built in. These 16 HPC tasks can be used for either a CPU core or a GPU card/slot. This means that up to 16 CPU cores, or alternatively up to 8 GPU cards, can be used to accelerate simulation solution times.
Structural, Thermal and Fluids Academic Products
- Built-in HPC capability is allocated/restricted to each task. For example, for a 25-task license of ANSYS Academic Research, each user/task can access up to 16 cores, with a maximum of 16 cores available per solution.
- Shared memory (SMP), distributed memory parallel (DMP) and domain decomposition methods are included.
- GPU access is enabled for ANSYS Mechanical Enterprise (using the ANSYS Mechanical solver) and ANSYS Fluent solvers. Each of the 16 built-in HPC tasks can be used for one GPU card/slot, meaning that up to 16 GPU cards/slots can be accessed per academic product license. Note that we do not restrict the number of GPU cores per GPU card/slot.
- Frequency Sweep VT and VT Accelerator is built-in and available for the ANSYS Mechanical solver. This is a legacy HPC frequency sweep solution that has been largely replaced by ANSYS DesignXplorer and Design Point Updates.
- The following structural, thermal and fluids solvers support HPC:
- ANSYS CFX (SMP, DMP)
- ANSYS Fluent (SMP, DMP)
- ANSYS Mechanical solver (SMP, DMP, Domain Decomposition)
- ANSYS Autodyn (SMP, DMP)
- ANSYS Polyflow (SMP, DMP)
- ANSYS Icepak (SMP, DMP)
Electronics Academic Products
- Built-in HPC capability is not allocated/restricted to each task. For example, for a 25-task license of ANSYS Academic Research HF, 400 HPC tasks are built-in, so a single user can use all 400 HPC tasks, or alternatively 25 users can each use 16 cores per solution.
- A legacy shared memory (SMP) multiprocessor capability is enabled to make use of any number of SMP cores, but does not scale well beyond 16 cores. It has been largely superseded by other HPC methods.
- Distributed memory parallel (DMP) and domain decomposition methods are included.
- GPU access is enabled.
- The following electromagnetics solvers support HPC:
- ANSYS HFSS (SMP, Domain decomposition, Distributed frequency sweep)
- ANSYS Maxwell (SMP, Distributed frequency sweep)
- ANSYS Designer (SMP, Distributed frequency sweep)
- ANSYS Q3D (SMP, DMP)
- ANSYS SIwave (SMP)
- ANSYS TPA (MP, Distributed PKG analysis)
- The Academic ANSYS Redhawk and ANSYS PowerArtist products do not use HPC at this time.
All ANSYS Academic Research and ANSYS Academic Associate products can extend their built-in HPC capability with add-on HPC licenses. ANSYS Academic Teaching products may not extend their built-in HPC capability. There are four types of add-on HPC product licenses:
Add-on Academic HPC Product
Extends the built-in HPC of the following base product(s)
ANSYS Academic Associate HPC
ANSYS Academic Associate
ANSYS Academic Associate CFD
ANSYS Academic Research HPC
ANSYS Academic Research
ANSYS Academic Research CFD
ANSYS Academic Research Mechanical
ANSYS Academic Research Autodyn
ANSYS Academic Associate Electronics HPC
ANSYS Academic Associate EM
ANSYS Academic Associate HF
ANSYS Academic Research Electronics HPC
ANSYS Academic Research EM
ANSYS Academic Research HF
One task of ANSYS Academic Research/Associate HPC extends the base HPC ability of any one of the solvers that supports HPC contained in the base product (see built-in HPC section for more details of which HPC methods are available for each solver). Each task adds another core.
Both SMP, DMP and domain decomposition methods are extended to additional cores by the add-on HPC academic products. Please see the built-in HPC section above for specifics about which bundled solvers support which type of HPC.
For the structural, thermal and fluids academic products, the add-on HPC licenses can be used to extend the GPU capability provided by the built-in HPC tasks. Each add-on HPC license (task) can be used to access either a CPU core or a GPU card/slot.
|Category & Product Name||Has Built in HPC?||Can use add-on Academic HPC licenses?||Can use add-on Academic Electronics HPC licenses?|
|Academic Multiphysics Campus Solutions|
|ANSYS Academic Multiphysics Campus Solution||YES||YES||YES
|Mechanical and Fluids|
|ANSYS Academic Associate Mechanical and CFD||YES||YES||N/A|
|ANSYS Academic Associate CFD||YES||YES||N/A|
|ANSYS Academic Associate Electronics Suite||YES||N/A||YES|
|ANSYS Academic Associate HF||YES||N/A||YES|
|ANSYS Academic Associate EM||YES||N/A||YES|
|ANSYS Academic Associate RedHawk||NO||N/A||NO|
|ANSYS Academic Associate PowerArtist||NO||N/A||NO|
|Mechanical and Fluids|
|ANSYS Academic Research Mechanical and CFD||YES||YES||N/A|
|ANSYS Academic Research Mechanical||YES||YES||N/A|
|ANSYS Academic Research CFD||YES||YES||N/A|
|ANSYS Academic Research LS-DYNA||NO||NO1||N/A|
|ANSYS Academic Research Electronics Suite||YES||N/A||YES|
|ANSYS Academic Research HF||YES||N/A||YES|
|ANSYS Academic Research EM||YES||N/A||YES|
|ANSYS Academic Research RedHawk||NO||N/A||NO|
|ANSYS Academic Research PowerArtist||NO||N/A||NO|
|Mechanical and Fluids|
|ANSYS Academic Teaching Mechanical and CFD||YES||NO||N/A|
|ANSYS Academic Teaching Mechanical||YES||NO||N/A|
|ANSYS Academic Teaching CFD||YES||NO||N/A|
|ANSYS Academic Teaching Electronics Suite||YES||N/A||NO|
|ANSYS Academic Teaching HF||YES||N/A||NO|
|ANSYS Academic Teaching EM||YES||N/A||NO|
|ANSYS Academic Teaching RedHawk||NO||N/A||NO|
|ANSYS Academic Teaching PowerArtist||NO||N/A||NO|
|ANSYS Academic Pre-Processing Tools||NO||N/A||N/A|
|ANSYS Academic EKM Shared||NO||N/A||N/A|
1. ANSYS Academic Research LS-DYNA can add HPC capability with the ANSYS Academic Research LS-DYNA HPC product.