Efficiency, operational flexibility and reliability are critical parameters for hydraulic machinery of all types. A modern water turbine design must offer very high efficiency, as the equipment is now expected to operate over an increased operating range and to cycle more frequently. Requirements are similar for pump design, as well as for vehicle torque converters and marine liquid propulsion systems, including propellers.
All machines must meet increasing life and durability standards. Electric-motor-driven pumps must deliver high performance while minimizing power draw. Torque converters must combine efficiency with broad torque transfer characteristics. Liquid machines must be cavitation resistant over a broad portion of their operating range to deliver performance and avoid damage.
ANSYS provides turbomachinery-focused hydraulic simulation tools for developing efficient and high-performance flow paths, all within an integrated environment that maximizes user productivity. These tools link to ANSYS mechanical solutions to enable reliable development of structural components.
- Energy Efficiency: A Universal Challenge - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V7 I3
- As the World Turns - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V2 I1
- Propelling a More Efficient Fleet - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V3 I2
- Gearing Up for the Future - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V7 I3
- Keeping New Orleans Flooding at Bay - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V3 I2
- Pumping Up Sustainability - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V6 I2