Diagnosis and Personalized Medicine
P4 Medicine (Participatory, Personalized, Predictive and Preventive) is expected to save millions of lives in the near future, and improve billions of others. It calls for early diagnosis and personalized medicine, continuous monitoring of our vital parameters, opening the way to the Medical IoT (Internet of Things).
Remote continuous monitoring devices measure, compile and transmit data that aid in diagnosis. Properly collecting these data and transmitting them for Big Data management is not without risk for patients.
Engineering simulation is a proven way to optimize implantable or standard diagnostic equipment. Diagnosis equipment and Medical IoT electronic features — such as excessive absorption of electromagnetic waves or interference between signals — can be virtually tested using ANSYS technology.
Today, with clinical applications in mind, medical researchers couple ANSYS simulation tools with biomedical imaging to better predict the likely evolution of a disease before determining the best treatment option.
- Wired into Health - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V10 I2
- Taming the Cost of Respiratory Drug Development - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V4 I2
- A New System for Surgery - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V6 I1
- Cut to the Bone - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V5 I2
- In Your Blood - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I1
- A Healthy Outlook at RMIT University - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V8 I1
- Virtual Speech - Article - ANSYS Advantage - V5 I2
- Wearing a Wire - Article - ANSYS Advantage V6 I2
- Making Waves