Introduction to Ansys Additive Science
This course is designed to provide knowledge about Ansys Additive Science.
Ansys Additive Science provides an exploratory environment for scientists and engineers to determine the optimum process parameters for metal additive manufacturing machines and materials. You can gain insight into the microscale melt pool phenomena by performing full factorial studies with various process parameters.
This course focuses on how materials can be characterized, and how the optimum process parameters can be identified. Multiple material characterizations are studied: melt pool dimensions on a single bead simulation, porosity prediction, microstructure analysis, thermal history. All these characterization procedures are explained in this course.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Understand how multi-scale problems are handles by thermal solver
- Characterize materials by predicting Melt Pool characteristics and porosity
- Predict material grain size and orientation
- Find the optimum process parameters for manufacturing process
- Setup simulations using Additive Science
- knowledge on metals is required, as well as some background on Additive Manufacturing (printing machines and printing process).
- Metal AM experts looking to optimize and fine-tune their machine and material parameters.
- Material scientists working to develop new metal powders and metal AM materials and material specifications.
- Powder bed machine manufacturers seeking to optimize their machine designs.
- Metallurgists in aerospace, biotech, automotive OEMs and organizations interested in AM capabilities.
Teaching Method: Lectures and computer practical sessions to validate acquired knowledge. A training certificate is provided to all attendees who complete the course.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with a Ansys Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.
Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Subscribe today to take online courses.
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Please try again or Subscribe today to take online courses.