ANSYS Mechanical Rigid Body Dynamics
Utilize the power of the rigid dynamics explicit solver for efficient and robust evaluation of mechanical systems containing complex assemblies of interconnected rigid parts undergoing large overall motion. Apply procedures for analysis of machine and mechanism systems such as vehicle suspensions, landing gear assemblies, robotic manipulators, gear trains, amusement rides, engine components, and an innumerable variety of industrial conveyors, drives, indexers, linkages, and the like. Learn the comparative strengths of the explicit and implicit solvers, and how to use both approaches in a connected workflow for a best-of-both-worlds capability.
- Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Carry out the basic end-to-end rigid body dynamics analysis procedure in Ansys Mechanical.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of using the rigid dynamics explicit solver for analysis problems involving large motion.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the definition and use of bodies and joints for constructing multibody analysis systems.
- Construct an analysis system that includes the large motion of both rigid and flexible bodies using the condensed parts.
- Understanding in a couple of examples how Python can help to further control the joint’s behavior further than the RBD interface
- Practice the co-simulation capabilities via the pin’s creation in RBD and exporting the FMU which will link to another software. A link with Ansys Twin Builder is shown and practiced.
- Completion of ANSYS Mechanical Linear and Nonlinear Dynamics is required.
- A good knowledge with Python and Ansys Twin Builder is a big plus.
Target Audience: Primarily Mechanical Engineers, including Mechanism and Machine Design Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Aerospace Engineers, Dynamics Engineers, Consumer Products Engineers, and similar sub disciplines.
Teaching Method: Lectures and practical hands-on workshops to validate acquired knowledge.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with a ANSYS Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.
Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|
October 20, 2020
10:30 - 12:30 CEST (GMT +2)
|October 20, 2020||
|Virtual||Virtual - WebEx||English||Subscription Only||Register ›|
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Subscribe today to take online courses.
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Please try again or Subscribe today to take online courses.