Ansys Mechanical Fracture Mechanics
Cracks and similar flaws occur in many components for many different reasons. For example, a structure may experience significant fatigue effects, the material may be inherently defective, cracks may be introduced during the manufacturing stage, or cracks may appear later as a result of environmental conditions. Ansys Mechanical Fracture Mechanics analysis capabilitiesallow you to predict crack criticality and crack growth accurately and efficiently in a virtual environment, giving you you need to make better engineering decisions. This course covers the use of Ansys Mechanical to perform Linear Elastic Fracture Mechanics and includes several hands-on workshops.
- Describe the basic principles of fracture mechanics and the capabilities of linear elastic fracture mechanics analysis in Ansys Mechanical.
- Apply several techniques for crack modeling/meshing and understand their strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain the basics of fracture parameter evaluation.
- Understand crack growth mechanics and the difference between static and fatigue crack growth.
- Understand the primary characteristics and limitations of Ansys SMART Crack Growth technology and the procedure for performing SMART Crack Growth analysis.
- Completion of training course Ansys Mechanical Getting Started is required.
A theoretical background in fracture mechanics and finite element analysis is strongly recommended.
Target Audience: Mechanical Engineers, including Vibrations Engineers, Aerospace Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Industrial Equipment Engineers, Heat Transfer Engineers, and similar subdisciplines; Mechanical Design Engineers; Mechanical Designers.
Teaching Method: Lectures and hands-on workshops give students the knowledge and experience they’ll need to confidently apply what they’ve learned to their own design challenges.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with an Ansys Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.
Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Subscribe today to take online courses.
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Please try again or Subscribe today to take online courses.