ANSYS Mechanical Fatigue
Are you experiencing component failures due to thermal cycling or vibration after only minutes or hours of testing? Ansys Mechanical fatigue analysis capabilities can help you avoid these failures by allowing you to virtually test your components before you build them, accurately and efficiently analyze fatigue loading scenarios, and make better engineering decisions. This course covers the use of the Ansys Mechanical Fatigue Tool to perform stress-based and strain-based fatigue analyses in both the time and frequency domains. It also includes several hands-on workshops.
- Apply the stress-life analysis approach to predict the fatigue life of structures that deform in the linear material range.
- Describe the differences between constant amplitude and variable amplitude loading for stress-life analysis and apply the appropriate analysis techniques for each.
- Describe the differences between proportional and non-proportional loading for stress-life analysis and apply the appropriate analysis techniques for each.
- Apply the strain-life analysis approach to predict the fatigue life of structures that deform in the nonlinear material range.
- Apply the frequency-based analysis approach to predict the fatigue life of structures that experience random vibration or harmonic loading.
- Completion of “Introduction to Ansys Mechanical” is required.
- If frequency-based fatigue is of interest, completion of Module 06 (Harmonic Analysis) and Module 08 (Random Vibration Analysis) of “Ansys Mechanical Linear and Nonlinear Dynamics” is required.
- A theoretical background in the basics of fatigue analysis is recommended.
Target Audience: Mechanical Engineers, including Vibrations Engineers, Aerospace Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Industrial Equipment Engineers, Heat Transfer Engineers, and similar sub-disciplines; Mechanical Design Engineers; Mechanical Designers.
Teaching Method: Lectures and computer practical sessions to validate acquired knowledge. A training certificate is provided to all attendees who complete the course.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with an ANSYS Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.
Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|
July 17, 2020
11:00 - 13:00 EST (GMT -5)
|July 17, 2020||
|Virtual||Virtual - WebEx||English||Subscription Only||Register ›|
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Subscribe today to take online courses.
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Please try again or Subscribe today to take online courses.