ANSYS Fluent Dynamic Meshing Modeling
This course teaches how to run simulations using the dynamic mesh model and overset meshes in Ansys Fluent. The dynamic mesh model can be used to model flows where the shape of the domain is changing with time due to motion on the domain boundaries. Combined with the six degrees of freedom (6 DOF) solver, dynamic mesh allows the trajectory of a moving object to be determined by the aero or hydrodynamic forces from the surrounding flow field. Overset meshing allows complex geometrical problems to be decomposed into a system of geometricallysimpler overlapping meshes. Overset and dynamic meshing can be applied to a wide variety of applications, from automotive and aerospace to chemical and environment industries. Throughout this course, you will learn all aspects of the model, starting with the different motions, the mesh mechanism, the use of subroutines, and the workflow to set up cases easily and quickly.
- Learn when and how to use each of the three types of mesh motion: smoothing,layering, remeshing
- Learn how to set up dynamic mesh zones and define prescribed mesh motion through use of profiles or user-defined functions (UDFs)
- Learn how to set-up and use the 6 DOF solver
- Learn how to extend the range of problems that can be solved through the use of UDFs and events
- Learn how to set up and solve problems with overset meshes
- This training session is intended for people who are already familiar with CFD and the use of ANSYS Fluent. Some steps in the setup and solution procedure will not be covered explicitly.
Target Audience: Mechanical engineers, aerodynamics engineers, CFD analysts, and any ANSYS Fluent user who will perform two-way coupled fluid-structure interaction (FSI) simulations.
Teaching Method: Lectures and computer practical sessions to validate acquired knowledge. A training certificate is provided to all attendees who complete the course.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with a ANSYS Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.
Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Subscribe today to take online courses.
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Please try again or Subscribe today to take online courses.