ANSYS HFSS SBR+ Radar Cross Section
The ANSYS HFSS SBR+ RCS course focuses on radar cross section applications using the shooting bouncing rays (SBR) formulation. Initial hands-on simulation workshops cover monostatic and bistatic RCS. Lecture video and later workshops also cover radar signature imaging applications including range profile, waterfall plots, and ISAR (inverse synthetic aperture radar). These imaging applications take advantage of HFSS ACT Extension utilities RADARpre and RADARpost, which are provided and described in the course. There are also technical descriptions of the background and usage of PTD (physical theory of diffraction), related wedge settings, the development of SBR+ surface currents on scattering geometry, and UTD (uniform theory of diffraction). The ANSYS HFSS SBR+ RCS course is ideally suited for radar signature engineers experienced with ANSYS HFSS for antenna applications. The initial workshops describe all necessary steps, making this course accessible to new HFSS users with any prior EM (electromagnetic) antenna simulation experience.
Following completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Set up radar cross section simulations using the SBR+ (shooting bounding ray) design type
- Plot 2D radiation pattern simulation results
- Simulate and plot 3D monostatic RCS “fuzzballs”
- Compare SBR+ formulation with IE (integral equation) formulation
- Use ACT extensions to set up range profiles, ISAR (inverse synthetic aperture radar), and waterfall plots.
- Prior experience with ANSYS HFSS and antenna related applications is strongly recommended.
- Knowledge of radar cross section engineering principles and basic electromagnetic principles, including diffraction, are presumed.
Target Audience: Radar Signature Engineers and Antenna Design Engineers
Teaching Method: Lecture modules, supplemental videos, and hands-on HFSS simulation workshops.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with a ANSYS Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.
Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|