ANSYS HFSS for Antenna Design
The HFSS Antenna course explores antenna-related HFSS topics such as radiating boundaries, including how well they absorb energy from different angles, and hybrid regions which connect different antenna simulations together. HFSS Antenna covers both finite element analysis (FEA) volumetric simulation as well as integral equation (IE) simulation and how they can connect a reflector antenna dish simulation to a horn antenna simulation feeding the dish. HFSS Antenna practices impedance matching antenna with circuit elements and explores examples of finite array design analysis with unit cells and Floquet modes.
Following completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create antennas from the Antenna Design Toolkit or by drawing new geometry
- Create antenna simulation results reports and plot field overlays on antenna geometry
- Connect antenna structures to RF circuit schematics
- Run Optimetrics
- Distinguish various EM formulations available for antenna design
- Set up both infinite array and finite array simulations
- Completion of the HFSS Getting Started course or equivalent familiarity with HFSS 3D modeler, workflow, solver setup, and post-processing (plotting results graphs).
- Knowledge of microwave electronic principles including S-parameters, transmission lines and antenna far-field radiation patterns.
- Knowledge of antenna impedance matching, infinite array and finite array principles are also important as workshop exercises utilize these engineering principles.
Target Audience: Antenna Design Engineers
Teaching Method: Lecture modules and simulation workshops to gain hands-on knowledge. A training certificate is provided to all attendees who complete the course. Although the course listing is instructor led, the simulation workshops are self-explanatory and easy to follow for independent learners.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with a ANSYS Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.
Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|
February 3, 2020
11:00 - 13:00 EST (GMT -5)
|February 3, 2020||
|Virtual||Virtual - WebEx||English||Subscription Only||Register ›|
March 3, 2020
10:00 - 17:00 KST (GMT +9)
|March 3, 2020||
|Live||Seoul , South Korea||Korean||700000 KRW||Register ›|