Introduction to ANSYS SIwave
SIwave is an advanced analysis and design tool for complex PCBs, packages, silicon interposers, and RDLs. Employing multiple state-of-the-art full-wave EM solvers, SIwave helps designers solve SI, PI, EMI/EMC problems of Chip/Package/Board systems. In addition to generating S-parameters, RLCG extractions, and SPICE netlists, SIwave offers an array of different analyses, including impedance scan, DC IR drop, time-domain reflectometry (TDR), and impedance optimization of PDN using decoupling capacitors. Ports, terminations, and circuit elements can be inserted into the design to set up the simulation and to model the system end-to-end.
This training course walks new ANSYS SIwave users through simulation steps to run various types of SI/PI analyses using real high-speed boards as examples. These steps include the use of AEDT (ANSYS Electronics Desktop) circuit simulation and post-processing capabilities.
- Know how to set up SI analyses in SIwave, including impedance scan, SYZ and TDR.
- Know how to set up PI analyses in SIwave, including SYZ, RLGC, and decoupling capacitor optimization.
- Know how to configure components including R, L, C, ports, terminations.
- Know how to configure SPICE and S-parameter component models.
- Familiarity with high-speed digital signal electronic engineering, including transmission line characteristic impedance, differential pairs, NEXT (near end cross talk) and FEXT (far end cross talk), and S-parameters.
Familiarity with printed circuit board (PCB) layouts, workflows (formats for import and export), and standards (e.g. DDR)
Prior experience with full wave electromagnetic simulation is helpful but not required.
Target Audience: Electronic engineers involved in high-speed PCB design and validation, including both signal integrity and power integrity
Teaching Method: Lectures and computer practical sessions to validate acquired knowledge. A training certificate is provided to all attendees who complete the course.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with a ANSYS Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.
Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|
August 13, 2020
09:30 - 16:30 CST (GMT +8)
|August 13, 2020||
|Live||Hsinchu , Taiwan||Chinese||19500 TWD||Register ›|
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Subscribe today to take online courses.
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Please try again or Subscribe today to take online courses.