Ansys HFSS Antenna Array and Periodic Structures
The Ansys HFSS Antenna Arrays and Periodic Structures course explores topics such as Infinite Array (Unit Cell analysis), Finite Array with both periodic and semi-periodic (non-identical) unit cell structures, scanning the beams using Finite Array Beam Angel Calculator Toolkit, and Frequency Selective Surfaces (FSS). This course is designed for intermediate-advanced users and includes four modules with workshops that demonstrate the workflows from start to finish.
Following the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Make a unit cell and set up periodic boundary conditions and excitations for infinite array simulation.
- Define circular polarization for a unit cell.
- Scan the beam and check both far-field patterns and embedded element patterns.
- Transform the unit cell setup into finite array configuration and apply Finite Array Domain Decomposition Method (FADDM) in HFSS.
- Create finite array model (active, passive, padding elements) and set the excitations of the elements.
- Steer the beam using the finite array beam angle calculator toolkit.
- Use and arrange non-identical 3D component unit cells in a finite array and apply Component Array Domain Decomposition Method (CADDM) in HFSS.
- Mesh CADDM in a way that reduces the memory footprint and improves the simulation performance.
- Define Source Groups and apply them for Far-Field patterns
- Define Frequency Selective Surface (FSS) unit cell and set up periodic boundary conditions, Floquet ports, and analysis setup.
- Evaluate the FSS results such as transmission and reflection plots, phase transmission and port fields for different modes.
- Extract FSS unit cell’s transmission/reflection coefficients and apply it for a Radome design.
- Prior knowledge of Ansys HFSS Getting Started Course and Ansys HFSS 3D Components, Boundary Conditions, Ports and Mesh Course are required.
- Knowledge of antenna design and relevant parameters including S-parameters, Directivity, Gain, Realized Gain, Axial Ratio, Linear and Circular Polarization are highly recommended.
- Knowledge of antenna impedance matching, infinite array and finite array principles are also important as workshops utilize these engineering principles.
Target Audience: Antenna Design Engineers
Teaching Method: Lectures and hands-on simulation workshops to develop familiarity and productive skill in analyzing antenna arrays and periodic structures using HFSS. Although the course listing is instructor led, the simulation workshops are self-explanatory and easy to follow for independent learners. A training certificate is issued on completion of the course.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with a Ansys Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.
Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|
March 4, 2021
10:00 - 12:00 CET (GMT +1)
|March 4, 2021||
|Virtual||Virtual - WebEx||English||Subscription Only||Register ›|
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Subscribe today to take online courses.
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Please try again or Subscribe today to take online courses.