Ansys HFSS 3D Components Boundary, Conditions, Ports and Mesh
Ansys HFSS 3D Components, Boundary Conditions, Ports and Mesh covers fundamental concepts in HFSS fully arbitrary 3D (FA3D) finite element method (FEM) electromagnetic simulation. 3D Components’ hierarchical modeling and coordinate systems are examined. Boundary conditions for 2D surfaces, surface approximations, as well as 3D absorbing boundaries for open structures are explored. Wave port sizing, 2D port fields, modes, integration lines and de-embedding are emphasized. Finally, the course discusses FEM element basis functions, adaptive meshing, meshing for multiple resonances, mesh seeding and solution setup.
Following completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Choose and specify coordinate systems in 3D Components
- Import geometry and position and orient it relative to the global origin.
- Construct PEC backing for wave ports and when PEC backing is useful
- Construct rectangular box regions and five-sided boxes as radiation boundaries
- Plot 2D fields on ports
- Choose the size of wave ports based on modes, field lines and field strength
- Set integration lines on wave ports in driven modal solution type
- Specify transmission line de-embedding into and out of HFSS models
- Specify meshing with designs containing multiple resonances
- Specify length-based meshing on spiral inductor traces
- Completion of HFSS Getting Started course or equivalent knowledge of the HFSS project manager, 3D modeler tree, plotting of S-parameter simulation results, and workflow for setting up basic simulations.
- Knowledge of microwave principles including scattering parameters (S-parameters) and transmission line principles.
- Knowledge of electromagnetics, including boundary conditions for fields on surfaces, how tangential electric field must be zero at perfectly electrical conductors.
Target Audience: Electronic engineers working with RF and microwave structures such as filters, waveguides, microstrip, connectors and antennas.
Teaching Method: Lecture slide files and hands-on simulation workshops connect technical concepts with practical skill in using HFSS FEM. A training certificate is issued on completion of the course.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with an Ansys Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|
January 18, 2021
11:00 - 13:00 EST (GMT -5)
|January 18, 2021||
Jan 18 - 20
|Virtual||Virtual - WebEx||English||Subscription Only||Register ›|
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Subscribe today to take online courses.
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Please try again or Subscribe today to take online courses.