ANSYS Electronic Transformers
The Electronic Transformers course applies multiple solvers and tools for the magnetic, multi-physics and system analysis of multi-winding electronic transformers. PEmag, the Electronic Transformer Toolkit, and CAD geometries are possible inputs to the Maxwell FEM tool. Losses and RLC parasitics including leakage inductance are calculated. Simplorer is then utilized for a complete transient system analysis. Multiphysics simulations can utilize either Ansys Mechanical (using convection coefficients) or Icepak AEDT (using CFD) for thermal analysis.
- Use PEmag and Electronic Transformer ACT to generate transformer models for Maxwell simulation.
- Set-up and simulate Maxwell eddy current, electrostatic and transient designs for simulation.
- Set-up and simulate a complete Simplorer system model using a PEmag netlist or Maxwell Eddy Current (R,L) ROM + Maxwell Electrostatic (Capacitance) matrix.
- Set-up and simulate Maxwell 3D Eddy Current ↔ Icepak AEDT with 2-way coupling
- Set-up and simulate Maxwell 3D Eddy Current ↔ Ansys Thermal 2-way coupling with 2-way coupling using Workbench
- Knowledge of transformers and electromagnetics
- Knowledge of lumped element electrical circuit theory, namely inductance and capacitance
- No prior electromagnetic (EM) simulation is required, but any prior experience with EM simulation or Ansys Electronics Desktop is helpful.
Target Audience: Electronic engineers designing planar transformers
Teaching Method: Lecture slide files and hands-on simulation workshops build familiarity and productive skill in using Q3D. A training certificate is issued on completion of the course.
Learning Options: Training materials for this course are available with an ANSYS Learning Hub Subscription. If there is no active public schedule available, private training can be arranged. Please contact us.
Agenda SUBSCRIBE TODAY
|Date/Time||Duration||Event Type||Location||Language||Class Cost|
December 1, 2020
15:00 - 17:00 CET (GMT +1)
|December 1, 2020||
|Virtual||Virtual - WebEx||English||Subscription Only||Register ›|
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Subscribe today to take online courses.
Sorry, no classes were found that matched your country selection. Please try again or Subscribe today to take online courses.