Overcoming Corrosion in Heat Exchangers
Competing requirements necessitate picking the best material while considering all the factors present in a harsh service environment. But how do you get access to the most relevant data, choose the best material and validate your choice?
Using a case study of a heat exchanger in a desalination plant, we demonstrate how to use Ansys GRANTA Selector to quickly select metal candidates that can resist the corrosive environment.
Simultaneously, we look to reduce material cost while ensuring material availability and suitability for existing manufacturing methods — all while meeting demanding performance requirements. We use a combination of our complete and fully comparable MaterialUniverse™ dataset and our in-depth Global Metals Specifications data to consider all relevant metals options.
We conclude by showing the capability of Ansys GRANTA Selector to output this data in simulation-ready form into the Ansys Workbench platform for further detailed investigation with Ansys flagship products.
What attendees will learn:
- Locate alternative materials to overcome problems in service.
- Use Ansys GRANTA Selector to find similar materials to existing choices and quickly compare their properties.
- Learn more about our Global Metals Specifications data and how it links to the complete, comparable MaterialUniverse™ dataset. Information is available on over 100,000 standards and manufacturer grades.
- Innovate using a systematic, logical materials selection methodology and validate your choices against a broad data set to be sure you have considered the entire materials space.
- See how to export this data in simulation-ready form into other Ansys flagship products