Low-Power Design Analysis and Optimization for Mobile and High-Performance Computing ApplicationsEvery new generation of a mobile IC has increased performance, lower power and smaller form factor requirements. Process migration and the shift to 3D-ICs have made the design of such ICs possible without making compromises. To achieve reliable operation of the IC within the context of the system, various aspects of power noise and reliability need to be validated.
● Early power analysis and prediction is mandatory to meet the demanding power efficiency targets
● Power integrity verification for sub-1V supply voltage levels to ensure performance at spec for all operating modes of the chip
● High-speed low-power I/Os such as LPDDRs must be verified with the impact of core and system noise to meet the stringent chip-to-chip communication jitter requirements
● Reliability verification such as Electromigration (EM) and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) should be part of the design process for ICs manufactured using the most advanced process nodes
● Thermal reliability simulations must be performed at the system level to ensure thermal stability of high-performance die within small hand-held devices
This presentation will discuss the various aspects of designing Mobile and High Performance ICs for power and reliability using various ANSYS-Apache simulations platforms.