Using Detailed Chemistry in ANSYS Chemkin-Pro for More Accurate CFD Combustion and Reacting Flow SimulationsComputational ﬂuid dynamics (CFD) can help designers achieve higher performance and lower emissions for combustion and reacting flow systems — without costly physical prototyping. But combustion CFD can only be of value if the simulations predict real-life behaviors. To predict actual performance and pollutant emissions, simulations must accurately account for the chemical kinetics of the combustion process. By using fuel models based on detailed chemistry, designers can greatly increase the predictive capability of combustion simulations and, as a result, more quickly and eﬀectively meet strict regulatory guidelines.
View this on-demand webinar to learn how you can:
- Utilize the wide array of accurate, fast and robust reactor models that make Chemkin-Pro the most trusted kinetics simulation tool for asking "what-if" questions in the conceptual design phase
- Analyze key design parameters, such as ignition delay and flame speeds, using detailed reaction mechanisms for gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and natural gas under ideal or real gas conditions
- Prepare fuel surrogate models that represent “real” fuels, and reduce their large chemical mechanisms to smaller mechanisms applicable to CFD simulations
- Quickly examine a wide range of operating conditions using reactor networks and parametric studies
- Access ANSYS Chemkin Enterprise to obtain all the tools for fast, accurate combustion and reacting flow simulations with a single license