Plastics–Past, Present, Prospects
This webinar showcases two guest speakers from KTH, Sweden and Hochschule Reutlingen in Germany, who will share their teaching experiences on the topic of plastics and analyze related challenges and opportunities.
Prof. Christopher Hulme-Smith from KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden will discuss an example focusing on plastics and sustainable development, demonstrating how it is possible to track the evolution of a material family, understand why it has become common and how materials are used and developed today using Ansys Granta EduPack.
Prof. Richard Schilling from Hochschule Reutlingen in Germany will illustrate the complete innovation process - from the idea to the design and manufacture of a bespoke product ready for use. Maps obtained with Ansys Granta EduPack enable the students to navigate comprehensive materials science databases for finding the optimum path to a successful product. Finally, a case study will spotlight a combination of textiles and 3D printing with polymers.
What you will learn
- Explore how to engage students in materials and plastics.
- Understand materials performance and limitations in real-world application projects.
- Discover ideas for encouraging innovation in students’ AM polymer design projects.
- Understand the learning outcomes of polymer materials usage and sustainable development supported by Ansys Granta EduPack.
- Prof Christopher Hulme-Smith, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Prof Richard Schilling, Hochschule Reutlingen, Germany
- Elisabeth Huelse, Ansys